January 29th, 2013

Album of an Album

I have been working hard all year on my album and I am pleased to say it is SUPER close to being finished. I am so very excited to share the songs with you all. Sooooooon!

In the meantime, I’d like to show you some photos of something i made for the album cover. For a long time I have been wanting to make something bigger out of felt than the tiny instruments i currently sew. And what better way to start than to make a giant modular synthesizer by hand!? I know it sounds crazy, and to be honest, at times i thought i might be losing my mind a little in the process, but the finished product (the album cover) looks pretty great.

So while i am putting the finishing touches on the record, please enjoy these photos :)

1. The Goal (Monster Moog or something along the lines of)

Keith Emerson

2. The Frame

3. The Knobs (I made 164 of these with the help of some special lady friends: Sarah, Vanessa, Tanya, Patience, Rhiana, Emily)

4. The Input Jacks (I glued 275 washers to silver backing and cut them out)

5. The Modules (35 Hand stitched module names)

6. The Layout

7. ┬áThe Research (‘Snowflakes are dancing’ played by Tomita)

8. The Detail

9. The Pain

10. The Finished Synth

The album shot is really something and I will share it with you very soon!

Until then,

lots of love


Posted by Seja